Protect the Flock 101: Identifying Domestic Abuse
Originally Recorded Saturday, February 6, 2021, 1:00pm – 4:00pm EST at Community Bible Church
Statistics indicate that one in four women in our churches will experience domestic abuse at some point. These situations are generally very complex, and without proper knowledge, well-meaning helpers can easily do more harm than good. One only needs to watch the news to see that overall our churches have not responded well. Scripture is clear that God’s heart is for the oppressed, and that church leaders are charged with caring well for His sheep (See Ezekiel 34 and Jeremiah 23). Let us help equip you to do just that. Called to Peace Ministries is dedicated to help improve church responses through advocacy and education.
Topics to Be Addressed:
- Understanding the Abusive Mindset
- Working with Oppressors
- Recognizing Domestic Abuse in Your Church
- Legal Issues
- Keys to Healing
- Panel Q&A
- Joy Forrest, Founder and Executive Director of Called to Peace Ministries
- Andre Turrentine, Pastor and Church Partnerships Liaison with Called to Peace Ministries
- Tiffany Lesnik, Attorney and Called to Peace Board Member
- Jim Upchurch, Pastor at Christ Church Rolesville and Church Partnerships Liaison with Called to Peace Ministries
Cost: FREE (Donations welcome)
A link will be provided to you upon registration.