- This event has passed.
Protect the Flock 101: Identifying Domestic Abuse in the Church
February 6 @ 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
SAVE THE DATE! Saturday, February 6, 2021, 1:00pm – 4:00pm EST
Statistics indicate that one in four women in our churches will experience domestic abuse at some point. These situations are generally very complex, and without proper knowledge, well-meaning helpers can easily do more harm than good. One only needs to watch the news to see that overall our churches have not responded well. Scripture is clear that God’s heart is for the oppressed, and that church leaders are charged with caring well for His sheep (See Ezekiel 34 and Jeremiah 23). Let us help equip you to do just that. Called to Peace Ministries is dedicated to help improve church responses through advocacy and education.
Topics to Be Addressed:
- Definitions and Dynamics of Abuse and Abusers
- Warning Signs and Red Flags
- Listening to and Responding to Abuse
- Common Mistakes Churches Make
- Question and Answer Session
- Joy Forrest, Founder and Executive Director of Called to Peace Ministries
- Dr. Debra Wingfield, Author, Professional Trainer with House of Peace Publications
- Chuck Wingfield, Retired Licensed Clinical Social Worker, Certified Addictions Counselor
- Jim Upchurch, Pastor at Christ Church Rolesville and Church Partnerships Liaison with Called to Peace Ministries
Date: Saturday, February 6, 2021, 1:00pm – 4:00pm EST
Location: Livestream Link
This meeting will be hosted online only.
Link will be provided with registration!