CTPM Workshop 2020Building a Church-Wide Coordinated Response to Domestic Abuse
Watch the Replay:
Links to skip to specific parts of the videos will be in the schedule below.
We’re excited that you’ve decided to join Called to Peace Ministries & Chris Moles on Thursday July 16th for a daylong workshop designed to help pastors and ministry leaders develop an effective domestic abuse policy and response team. Topics will include: vital elements of domestic abuse policy, key players for your ministry team, ways to hold abusers accountable, and best practices for providing support to victims of abuse.
- 9:00am REPLAY: Opening, CTPM Staff & Volunteers
- Pastor Video (Link)
- How CTPM with churches can be part of the solution
- The problem of domestic abuse in the church and why CTPM exists,
- 9:40am REPLAY: Session 1, Chris Moles
- Key Elements of a DV Policy, with Sample Policies
- 11:00am: BREAK
- 11:15am REPLAY: Church Partnerships Intro Video
11:20am REPLAY: Church Partnerships, Jim Upchurch
- 11:40am REPLAY: Session 2: Chris Moles
- Common Mistakes & Intro to Team Approach
- 12:30pm: LUNCH BREAK (Resource Tables available)
Brief Q&A with Chris Moles
- 2:00pm REPLAY: Advocacy with CTPM, Slides Dr. Debra Wingfield & Joy Forrest
- 2:20pm REPLAY: Panel Discussion, Chris & Team
- 3:45pm: Church Resources and Announcements, CTPM Staff
- 3:55pm REPLAY: Closing
VIDEO: Lead your own support group!
Consider sponsoring someone from your church to receive support group training.
Not a Marriage Problem, Chris Moles
Called to Peace Ministries calledtopeace.flywheelstaging.com
Leslie Vernick at www.leslievernick.com
Peace Works at www.chrismoles.org
Focus Ministries at www.focusministries1.org
The RAVE project at www.theraveproject.com
Julie Owens at www.domesticviolenceexpert.org
Domestic Shelters at www.domesticshelters.org
Becoming a Church that Cares Well for the Abused at churchcares.com